Sunday, June 19, 2011

White Sox

I am a big White Sox fan, and up until now, I have not been watching them much due to the NHL and NBA playoffs. However, now that those are over, I have been paying attention. I do not like what I say. The same problems that have plagued this team for years are still present now. The team slogan for this year is "All In", and one would expect that with the amount of money spent on this year's payroll that this team would be performing much better. Sadly, it has not happened. This team still does not run the bases well, they have lapses defensively, have a hard time hitting with runners in scoring position, and rely too much on the homerun to score runs. It seems that the Sox always play poorly the first month of the season and have to fight like heck to get back into the race. It is very frustrating.

One of the problems with this team is the amount of money tied up in guys who are just not performing. Adam Dunn and Alex Rios are both being paid over 10 million dollars, and they have been absolutely awful. Gordan Beckham has been terrible as well, and they do not have a leadoff hitter. If the Sox do not turn things around in a hurry, players are going to be traded, and people are going to lose their jobs. The attendance numbers are already down for this year, and the payroll is too high to sustain substandard attendance rates. Something has to give, namely the high priced players playing much better, or this team is going to get blown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which player would you take, other than LeBron James, to start an NBA franchise?